The Largest Event of Its Kind
The HHP Summit presents natural gas as a solution to high horsepower equipment operators aiming to significantly reduce fuel costs, improve environmental performance, and comply with important air quality policies and regulations. Now in its seventh year, project deployment discussions are no longer conceptual, and what was once theory is now becoming practice – this is especially true in the marine sector where LNG-powered vessels are going into operation around the world and dozens more are on order.
sponsors and exhibitors
expert industry speakers
off-site technical tours
Natural Gas Powered Operations in Southern California
For our 2018 Summit, we are heading to Southern California—an exciting epicenter of natural gas activity. California is home to the first CNG-powered switcher locomotive that operates with near-zero emissions, has an increasing number of natural gas powered trucks, and will see the state’s first LNG-powered vessels at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in 2020. In addition, momentum is building for other ocean going vessels, rail, and other high horsepower operations to make the switch to natural gas as state and regional air quality agencies continue to look for ways to reduce multiple criteria pollutants.
LNG as a Marine Fuel Set for Significant Growth
This year’s event will have a large focus on the marine sector in response to the incredible activity that the maritime industry has seen in the last several years, including new natural gas powered vessels and bunker barges going into operation, ECA compliance and new IMO low-sulfur rules on the immediate horizon, and continued technological innovation that is reducing CapEx costs and ROI for new ship builds. However, significant work is still needed to support the growth of natural gas as a marine fuel as natural gas bunkering projects take considerable time and stakeholder engagement to plan, design and permit.
Key Agenda Themes
The 2018 agenda will feature real-world end-user case studies and critical market insights from industry executives. Agenda themes include:
- Key lessons end-users have learned during the last 12 months of natural gas HHP operations
- Growth markets and opportunities in marine, rail and other industrial/commercial applications
- Continued focus on environmental drivers – regulatory and sustainability
- The competitive business advantage of natural gas given its long-term price stability and predictability
- Insight on dozens of LNG-powered vessels under contract for deployment in North America
- Recent advancements in CNG-powered switching locomotives
- Developing a market for renewable natural gas to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Interested in viewing the presentations and photos from a past HHP Summit? Visit GNA’s website, the producers of HHP Summit, for access to all of our events!